About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

January 27, 2008

Ne-Yo - Do You /ft. Utada

Album: Do You (Single)

A few months ago, Ne-Yo announced that he will be selecting best female singers from various countries and record a duet version of songs off of his recently album, Because of You. From Japan, he selected, Utada, no doubt the country's biggest popstar who also happens to share same label as Ne-Yo when she released her US debut album a few years ago (which bombed despite Timbaland producing it). Utada is said to be working on a second US album. Hopefully that will be better than "easy breezy Japanesey" song she had.

No comments: