About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

September 27, 2007

Chamillionaire - Hip Hop Police /ft. Slick Rick

Album: Ultimate Victory

He hit stardom after "Ridin' Dirty" became a huge hit (it was so big that even Weird Al parodied it, which also became a big hit). According to the interview on Blender Magazine, Chamillionaire does not do drugs or drink. Instead, he is addicted to financing and he is always counting his money and looking into his investment. On this second album, Chamillionaire actually does not swear or use sexually explicit word or N-word in the entire album thus "Ultimate Victory" became the first mainstream hardcore rap album to not receive the Parental Advisory sticker.

No comments: