About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

February 29, 2008

Cat Power - New York

Album: Jukebox

She has gained popularity in the recent few years by covering great classic songs yet making them into her own. Her version of Frank Sintra's, "New York New York" has a complete different feeling to it. It sounds like it belongs on Pulp Fiction soundtrack.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that's the most interesting remake since Cake's "I will survive", and it works
-GManShepherd