About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

June 29, 2007

The Smashing Pumpkins – Tarantula

Album: Zeitgeist

The Pumpkins disbanded in 2000, and this is the first album since then (7th in total). But this reunion only brings in the drummer, Jimmy Chamberlin (him and Corgan briefly started a band called Zwan in 2001). Where’s D’Arcy and James Iha? I’ve been listening to rock music since the early 90s, and I wasn’t that big of a fan of the Pumpkins, but they were one of the few bands where I knew all of the band members names. I’m not quite sure who else is in this new Pumpkins, but something is just not the same. I know it was always Billy Corgan that made all of the music, but this album was disappointing one for me.

No comments: