About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

August 20, 2010

Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare

Album: Nightmare

Eminem’s latest album had been #1 for five weeks and it looked as though it would continue to sail on top, or at least that’s what the industry forecasted, since they didn’t think Californian metal rock band, Avenged Sevenfold’s fifth album could do nearly as well. M. Shadow (lead singer) and rest of the members surprised everyone when they knocked “Relapse” from the peak position (though they only stayed there for a single week with Eminem taking the top position back eventually). The band went through turmoil when their drummer The Rev passed away last year, and this is their first album without him.

No comments: