About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

August 31, 2010

Linkin Park - The Catalyst

Album: A Thousand Suns

Linkin Park’s previous (third) album, Minutes to Midnight was their least successful album so far, and some have put blame on legendary producer Rick Rubin’s involvement. On some songs, they did sound a bit like U2, which distanced a lot of their core fans. I was a huge fan of their first two albums, but hardly listen to Minutes. I’m hoping that their next album, coming out in September would be a good one, which is also produced by Rick Rubin. At least this single sounds cool.

No comments: