About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

August 20, 2010

Beach Fossils - Youth

Album: Beach Fossils

A friend of mine introduced me to Beach Fossils. When I heard their sound, I thought about Mamas & Papas from distant memory and/or The Drums from more recently memory. They sound like Californian laid back surf band, but they are actually from Brooklyn, New York. Although they’ve been featured on Spinner and Pitchfork magazine, they still don’t even have a Wikipedia entry.

No comments: