About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

February 27, 2007

Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend

Album: The Best Damn Thing

The lead single off of Avril’s new (third) album, The Best Damn Thing., which is to be released in April. This song is upbeat, very pop and teenie-bopper sounding. Avril has said that for this new album, she wanted to write more songs that would be fun to perform live at the show. Compared to her older stuff, it’s more like “Sk8ter Boi”, which she has stated was one of her favorite songs to perform live because it’s fun. In the music video Avril plays two different characters, and also do a dance routine. Go Mrs. Whibley.

No comments: