About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

February 27, 2007

D.O.G.S. - No Tomorrow

Album: Out Of The Prison

no sample
D.O.G.S. is a Japanese grunge band based in Tokyo. If they were discovered in Seattle 10 years ago, they may have been signed to Sub Pop. D.O.G.S. recently went through some member changes, but the vocalist/guitarist Koji Tamura has continued to push the band. After performing at numerous local pubs and live houses in Tokyo, as well as contributing a fan favorite, “Hold On” to an independent film titled Life, they finally went into the recording studio to record their debut album, Out of Prison. For a grunge album, each song seems to last a minute too long. Their live shows are dynamic and Koji definitely has the rocker presence.

No comments: