About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

February 27, 2007

Gameboy - What Chu Say?

Album: It's Already A Classic

no sample
Once in a while I come across high school or college kids trying to sell a homemade CD. Those are usually hip-hop CDs, and for the most part, I’m not that interested, but this guy had very professional looking CD cover, and he was selling it himself, so I decided to give him a chance. The best part of this song is the sampling of Ray Charles’ popular “What’d You Say”. The production is fairly slick for an independent project, and Gameboy’s rapping is adequate. It seems like he’s still young, so maybe in a few more years, he will have more polished sound. Good luck.

No comments: