About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

August 28, 2007

Rihanna - Don't Stop The Music

Album: Good Girl Gone Bad

I really didn’t like her second single, “Shut Up And Drive” which tried to incorporate New Order’s “Blue Monday.” She might’ve had a success sampling another big 80s hit on “S.O.S.” This track samples Michael Jackson’s “Wanna Be Startin’ Something” with “mama say mama sa mama koussa” in the background. It’s a great dance track, but I’m surprised that it’s only showing up on the dance chart and not on the pop chart.

UPDATE (2008-Feb): So it turns out that this was just recently released to the pop market, which is why it wasn’t on the chart or on the radio all this time. No wonder why I started hearing it a lot.

No comments: