About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

March 31, 2007

Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend [Japanese Mix]

Album: Girlfriend (Single)

Avril Lavigne decided to sing her latest single in multiple languages. The verses are still in English, but she does her best to sing the chorus in different languages. And each of these songs were released separately. I don’t know if there was anyone that was suckered into buying all the different versions, but I was too curious to hear her sing in Japanese, so I ended up getting this version. She also sings in French, German, Italian, Mandarin, Portuguese and Spanish. When asked in an interview if she had a difficult time recording in Japanese, she noted that Japanese was easy, but Chinese was the most difficult. But on this Japanese version, I can only understand every other sentence (and there are only 8 lines).

No comments: