About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

July 27, 2007

Arctic Monkeys - Fluorescent Adolescent

Album: Favourite Worst Nightmare

Compared to their usual songs, this is a mellowed down track. They are one of the headliners at this year’s Summersonic (also on the bill are Black Eyed Peas, Avril, Gwen, Offspring, etc). Last hear when their debut album, “Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not” came out, it was the fastest selling debut album for a group (in UK beating Oasis’ record). Their second album, sold nearly as much, at least in the UK.

No comments: