About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

July 27, 2007

Blue Scholars - North By Northwest

Album: Bayani

They are a popular Seattle hip-hop duo (1 DJ, 1 MC) with multi-racial background. DJ Sabzi is an Iranian American, and MC Geologic is of Filipino descent. Together they’ve received a lot of critical acclaims from locals since 2002. This past year they signed onto legendary Rawkus Records, which some fans thought they might be selling out, but on this particular track they still show that they care about the locals. They are one of the few hip-hop acts that sounds so much better live than on the record.

No comments: