About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

May 31, 2010

Christina Aguilera - Not Myself Tonight

Album: Bionic

A lot of people are now comparing the new Christina with Lady GaGa. Sure, the music video is kind of kinky and sexy in a weird way, like GaGa. And the music has the eletro-beat influence, which is also very much like Lady GaGa. Christina still puts on her signature vocal chops, but it lacks the catchiness of “Poker Face” or “Paparazzi.” On her latest album, she worked with a lot of electronic artists, so I’m looking forward to hearing her other songs.

No comments: