About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

May 15, 2010

Nas & Damian "Jr. Gong" Marley - Strong Will Continue

Album: Distant Relatives

So far I’ve only heard two singles off of this monster collaboration between Nas and Damian Marley, and I dig them both. “Strong Will Continue” and “As We Enter” both mix hip-hop and reggae really well. And this collaboration happened for the good cause to build more schools in Africa, thus the theme for the whole album carries messages about poverty and ancestry.

No comments: