About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

June 14, 2010

Shakira - Waka Waka (This Time For Africa) /ft. Freshlyground

Album: Listen Up! The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Album

With this year’s World Cup taking place in South Africa, the official soundtrack to the most popular sports in the world contains some fun, flavorful songs with African influences. A lot of people might be wondering why K’naan’s “Wavin’ Flag” is not included on this album, but that song was Coca Cola’s World Cup song. I get goosebumps everytime I hear that song. On the contrary, “Waka Waka” by Shakira is just a fun, upbeat song.

No comments: