About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

September 30, 2010

Mark Ronson - Bang Bang Bang /ft. MNDR & Q-Tip

Album: Record Collection

Mark Ronson, who is famous for bringing the soul back, for producing for Amy Winehouse and his own hit album, decided to ditch horns for 80s keyboard sound. Since I enjoyed the throwback soul sound, I was disappointed to hear that, but as a talented producer, he had to move on. Not sure how successful his new album will be, as it’s not as catchy as his previous one. Perhaps for his third album, he may go back to the soul sound once again.

No comments: