About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

May 30, 2007

Brandi Carlile - The Story

Album: The Story

Not to be mistaken as “Heaven Is A Place On Earth” singer, Belinda Carlisle, and the are not related (last name is pronounced the same, but spelled differently). Brandi Carlile is from Seattle, and she has been around for a few years now (though I’ve never heard of her until recently). This song was used to promote Grey’s Anatomy. At the first listen, I thought she had major pitch problems in her vocals and disregarded her, but after a few listens, I have began to appreciate the crack in her voice and the weird pitch as they convey raw emotion to the song.

No comments: