About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

May 30, 2007

Sick Puppies - All The Same

Album: Dressed Up As Life

This Aussie band started out by two highschool kids, singer/guitarist, Shimon Moore and bassist Emma Anzai (I can’t find any data, but she looks part Japanese from the photos). Moore, who used to give “Free Hugs”, made a video from his hugging experience, and when one of his friend’s grandma died, he sent the video as a sympathy card, using this song as the background music. And that video was posted on YouTube, and next thing you know, they had 10 million views. Needless to say, they were soon signed, and touring around the world.

No comments: