About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

May 30, 2007

The White Stripes - Icky Thump

Album: Icky Thump

Yes! White Stripes are back and they sound stronger than ever. All I can say is awesome. How could they sound so good and cool with just a guitar and a drum. A lot of bands have twice the people, but don’t even sound half as good as the Stripes. Icky Thump is the first single and also the name of their sixth album. The White Stripes are from Detroit and have always recorded in Detroit, but they’ve moved to Nashville since then and this is the first album recorded in Nashville. There is a bit of Nasville influence on their new album.

No comments: