About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

May 30, 2007

Ultra Nate – Automatic

Album: Grime, Silk & Thunder

I remember when I first started going clubbing, the big hit then was, “Free” by Ultra Nate. Since then she popped up occasionally (such as on the movie 54), but has been pretty much obscure, like most dance divas from the 90s. I always thought of her as an European, but I guess she’s from Baltimore. This song brought Ultra Nate back on the chart and it scored #1 on the dance chart. I still prefer “Free” though.

No comments: