About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

May 30, 2007

Kazi - Life Goes On

Album: The Hip-Hop Project Soundtrack

I’ve never heard of a movie called, The Hip Hop Project, and never heard of the soundtrack either until one day I was browsing through iTunes and somehow came across this album, and I listened to the 30 second preview, and I immediately fell in love with this song. I don’t know where I can go to see this movie, but after reading the synopsis, it interested me. The movie is supposed to be about kids growing up in New York and using hip-hop as empowerment and self growth. This guy, Kazi, was apparently a former homeless teenager, but is now a youth mentor. It’s nice to hear non gangsta rap once in a while.

No comments: