About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

October 27, 2007

Alicia Keys - No One

Album: As I Am

When I first heard this song a month ago, I thought she was singing kind of off key and not in tune, especially because on her previous albums, she had more classic soul/R&B sound to her voice. On her third album, she does something different, and it took me a few listen, but I now like it (though nowadays this song is kind of overplayed). Between her last album and this one, she even made a big-screen debut in the film, Smokin’ Aces (I never saw it though, but it looked interesting).


No comments: