About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

October 27, 2007

Babyshambles - Delivery

Album: Shotter's Nation

They may not be that famous in the US yet, but the star of this band, Pete Doherty (formerly from The Libertines), is covered on UK tabloid magazine on the same level as Britney is in the US. Doherty’s drug love has been causing lots of scandals (plus he was dating Kate Moss) which is getting more attention than his music. I liked the rawness of The Libertines, and Babyshambles still has the similar sound. This song in particular sounds like they stole the guitar riff from Kinks “You Really Got Me” but, hey, it sounds good.

No comments: