About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

August 14, 2008

Girl Talk - Still Here

Album: Feed The Animals

Girl Talk sounds like all girl pop group (like Girls Aloud), but it’s just a stage name, mashup DJ Gregg Gillis use. If you are the type that appreciate mashup songs (taking two completely different songs and mixing it), you would probably like his stuff. But if you are the type that gets annoyed by DJs that “tries too hard” at clubs by over mixing too much, then you may want to skip his songs. Interesting fact about his songs is that he didn’t get legal clearance for any of the songs. He is currently selling his new album online as “pay what you want.” I was only interested in one song, but you had to get the whole album, so I paid $2. It’s interesting how he mashed up some songs together. On this particular track, he mashes 24 popular hits including Kanye West’s "Good Life" and Swedish pop group Ace of Base. On another track, he successfully mixed Eminem with Yael Naim’s “New Soul.”You can check out rest of his songs on his MySpace.

1 comment:

Tako said...

He hasn't gotten legal clearance but he is selling these songs.. that is interesting, wonder how that works..