About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

August 27, 2008

Juliana Hatfield - This Lonely Love /ft. Richard Butler

Album: How To Walk Away


Richard Butler is a lead singer of Psychedelic Furs (and in late 90s briefly formed Love Spit Love, which had a good single”Am I Wrong”), who is famous for their 80s hit, “Pretty In Pink.” I love the opening of this song. It kind of reminds me of Law & Order theme song (though I’ve actually never watched a single episode). It’s a cool duet. I haven’t really heard of any of her songs since Reality Bites soundtrack (wow, that’s almost 15 years ago), but I’m impressed with this song.

No comments: