About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

August 14, 2008

Taylor Swift – Change

Album: AT&T Team USA Soundtrack

When artists contribute a song for a benefit CD, the result is usually not that great, as the songs are usually leftovers or previously recorded for some other purpose (see what I said in the Songs for Tibet entry). But this soundtrack for the US Olympic Team is different. Every single song was recorded for this purpose, and every single song comes with a music video which includes various shots of the US athletes, running, swimming, celebrating, etc.

I was trying to choose one best song from the album, but had a really difficult time. Every single song on the album can be used for a slow motion highlight montage on TV, which would give some people (like me) goosebumps. There are some big name artists on here: Goo Goo Dolls, Taylor Swift, Colbie Calliat, Nelly, Sheryl Crow, Chris Brown, 3 Doors Down just to name a few. In the end, I went with Taylor Swift, as her song was the most popular track on iTunes (second most downloaded track overall, after David Archuleta), and I didn’t think I would ever select the country starlet’s song in the future. This track doesn’t sound too country, and has a bit of Avril feel to it.

No comments: