About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

August 27, 2008

The Vines - He's A Rocker

Album: Melodia

[sample not available]
Aussie rock band, The Vines, was considered to be the “next Nirvana” in the early 2000s. I thought their songs were catchy and decent, but I never thought they deserved such a nickname. And they disappeared, at least in the US, I didn’t hear about them for several years. Fast forward to 2008, and I still haven’t heard much about them, except that they have just released an album in Australia with this single, “He’s A Rocker” (no relation to the movie, “The Rocker”). It’s a catchy, fun, rock song that makes you want to jump up and down in the mosh pit. The album is not available in US or UK yet, but it is digitally available on iTunes.

No comments: