About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

September 14, 2009

Just Kait - Sick

Album: Being On TV (EP)

Ever since Avril Lavigne proved to be a global phenomenon, record labels has been looking for another punk rocker wannabe teen girl. There has been several one hit wonders, but so far nobody. Add Just Kait as another challenger on the bill. Kait is 17 years old, and she can play the guitar, bass, drum and writes her own song. She doesn’t have a debut album yet, but her EP, Being On TV features the track, “Sick” which has been getting some airplay on MTV. But despite that exposure on MTV’s Discover and Download, she hasn’t really cracked the top 40 (or has a page on Wikipedia yet). I’m not a huge fan of her voice, but I thought the track was very well produced (especially the addicting keyboard beat). We’ll see if she will get a debut album release in the near future.

No comments: