About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

September 14, 2009

Whitney Houston - Million Dollar Bill

Album: I Look To You

A lot of people were talking about this Whitney Houston “comeback” album, and lucky for her, the album, I Look To You took the #1 spot, which she hasn’t done since The Bodyguard Soundtrack. She performed live on morning TV show, but her voice failed to deliver. She blamed it on Oprah saying she talked too much during the interview a day before, and that’s why she’s not sounding that great. This track, “Million Dollar Bill” was produced by Alicia Keys, and although reminds me of wedding or cruise ship song but at least it’s doing fairly well on the R&B chart. What I want to know is if she will be able to generate any top 10 global mega hit from this album.

No comments: