About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

March 15, 2010

Alicia Keys - Empire State Of Mind Part II

Album: The Element Of Freedom

Jay-Z’s version was a #1 hit for several weeks in a row. This version is slightly different than Jay-Z’s and lacks the punch, but it is still good. The track has been a big hit in the UK where it has been in top 10 for several weeks now. When Alicia Keys was a guest on Colbert Report, she performed this song along with Colbert who inserted his own version of rap verse. It’s hilarious and worth checking out as he raps: “shoppin’ mall is close, my community is gated; my shorties are all private school educated; Home theater system, 60-inch plasma; clean suburban air, much better for my asthma”

No comments: