About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

April 29, 2010

Codeine Velvet Club - Hollywood

Album: Codeine Velvet Club

Codeine Velvet Club is a side project of Jon Lawler (of The Fratellis, known as Jon Fratelli). Jon has recruited Lou Hickey to join in, and they released their first album at end of 2009 in UK. Even though I’m a fan of The Fratellis, I didn’t know about this band, until I got an email from The Fratellis official mailing list just a couple of weeks ago, where I got to download this song for free. It’s a decent song, but lacks the fun factor that The Fratellis is so good at creating.

3 comments:

Way said...

this song sounds fun, reminds me of a circus for some reason

Ramesh said...

This codeine album worth oscars

weerah said...

Pretty cool post. I just came across your site and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts.
buy codeine online