About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

April 29, 2010

Cypress Hill - Rise Up /ft. Tom Morello

Album: Rise Up

When I first heard this song, I thought, “what a rip off of Rage Against the Machine” until I realized that it was in fact Rage Against the Machine’s guitarist Tom Morello playing the guitar for hip-hop group, Cypress Hill. I haven’t heard anything by them for six years, and I was quite excited to hear their work and wanted to hear more. For their latest album, they recruited other stars such as Mike Shinoda of Linkin Park, Pitbull, Marc Anthony and Everlast.

No comments: