About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

April 29, 2010

Spose - I'm Awesome

Album: I'm Awesome (Single)

In the last couple of years, there have been several “promising” white rappers to surface the music magazines such as Pittsburgh Slim and Asher Roth, though both of them have been stuck at one radio-hit. Add Maine based Spose to the list. His SNL style rap of poking fun at himself (“I talk to myself on the Facebook wall”) has hit many American’s heart, and his now a top 40 hit. It is catchy, and he managed to get a record contract with this single but half a year from now when he does release an album, could he prove himself again?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

very refreshing, funny and catchy