About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

April 29, 2010

Hole - Skinny Little Bitch

Album: Nobody's Daughter

Welcome back Courtney Love, or at least, a lot of people are saying that for her latest album. Although Love is the only remaining member from their 90s heyday lineup, she decided to release the album as “Hole” instead of “Courtney Love” (her last solo effort wasn’t successful). I don’t know the whole story, but several of the songs on the album were apparently written by Billy Corgan of Smashing Pumpkins while they dated. But now that they have broken up, Corgan is trying to stop Love from releasing the album. That’s what I read months ago, but now that the album is actually released, I’m guessing Corgan must’ve settled (or there is going to be more lawsuits). Whatever the backstory is, the album sounds rocking.

No comments: