About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

April 29, 2010

Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings - I Learned The Hard Way

Album: I Learned The Hard Way

I like Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings. They have been known as the group that has brought back the 60s soul/funk sound which has become common sound, especially in UK top 40. They manage to combine the new sound with the older style successfully. For their latest record, it sounds like it is actually from the 60s. I still enjoy it, but I thought maybe it was too real to the decade.

No comments: