About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

April 15, 2010

The Flaming Lips - Watching The Planets

Album: Embryonic

When The Flaming Lips released their new album (double disc) last October, I listened to some songs, but nothing really hit me. Recently a friend of mine forwarded me a link to their latest video, “Watching the Planets.” Good thing I was at home when the video started as everyone in the video was completely nude from top to bottom, including the lead singer. There was definitely a shock value to the video, but what stayed with me in my mind were not the bare bodies, but the chanting of this song. The video can be found here (remember it’s not work safe):

No comments: