About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

April 14, 2008

Blind Melon – Wishing Well

Album: For My Friends

Blind Melon is mostly known as the one hit wonder for their 1992 hit, “No Rain” (the music video featuring that girl in a bee costume is still engraved in my brain). The lead singer, Shannon Hoon died in 1995 from cocaine overdose, and the band disbanded, but a couple of years ago, they managed to find a replacement singer by the name of Travis Warren, who was a die hard Blind Melon fan and claimed that he could sing every song word for word. Of course there is going to be a comparison, but their singing style is quite similar. I don’t know if Warren is imitating Hoon’s vocal style or if that’s just how he sings. I can’t imagine that this song will be their “comeback” song but it’s a decent song for band that is reuniting after several years. Speaking of which, Stone Temple Pilots will be on tour this summer. That should be a good show to see.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Best song of this half of the month!