About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

April 29, 2008

Foxboro Hot Tubs - Mother Mary

Album: Stop Drop And Roll

Listen to this song, and who does it sound like? The obvious answer should be Green Day, and they have finally admitted that Foxboro Hot Tubs is their side project. Compared to Green Day, Foxboro Hot Tubs has more of 60s garage rock sound. This song in particular has the similar feel as The Fratellis (especially the opening riffs). Their songs were given out for free on their website earlier in the year, but now that they get ready for a full release, the free mp3s have been taken down. But if you are a Green Day fan, I would say it’s worth buying. Their album will be released on May 20th.

No comments: