About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

April 29, 2008

Estelle - American Boy /ft. Kanye West

Album: Shine

This is currently the #1 song in the UK right now, and #1 album as well. Estelle is British R&B singer, but has been signed to American R&B singer, John Legend’s Homeschool Records. At first listen, I thought it wasn’t anything special, but after several listen, I started to get hooked. And Kanye raps about UK and even manages to squeeze in to rhyme to "rubbish".

2 comments:

Tako said...

Hey, was wondering who was singing this song. didn't know realize she was British. The song kinda gets stuck in your head after a while..

Unknown said...

even though that's not my kind of music, that song is refreshingly different and does get stuck in your head!