About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

January 12, 2009

Daniel Powter - Love You Lately

Album: Under The Radar

Whatever happened to the guy that sang the exit song on American Idol a couple of seasons ago? That was Canadian singer-songwriter, Daniel Powter singing, “’cause you had a bad day, you’re taking one down.” Powter’s third album, Under the Radar was released in Europe, but there is still no set date in the US. The latest album was produced by Linda Perry who made Pink into a superstar, but maybe that was not the right combination for him as most of the tracks sounds weak and not really catchy. However, this track, which was included as a bonus track from the previous album, was remixed. It almost has the similar feel as “Bad Day.” But chances are, Daniel Powter will be known as one-hit wonder.

No comments: