About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

January 12, 2009

Love Psychedelico - Standing Bird

Album: This Is Love Psychedelico

no sample
Japanese rock duo, Love Psychedelico had been releasing hits after hits in their native country since their debut in 2000. Singer Kumi and guitarist Naoki create music familiar to fans of Beatles, Bob Dylan and Sheryl Crow. Most of their songs are in English with some Japanese words mixed in, but Kumi sings those Japanese words as if they were English words, which is very unique. Now they are getting their shot in the US by releasing their US debut album, properly titled, “This is Love Psychedelico.” All of the tracks on this album are gathered from their previous albums in Japan. With so many good songs, I had a hard time choosing just one song, but went with “Standing Bird.” I love the intro of this song. It stays in my head, and even though I don’t know what she’s saying half of the time, it grabs me. My other favorite tracks from the album are “Lady Madonna”, “Your Song”, “Everybody Needs Somebody” and “Last Smile.”

No comments: