About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

January 31, 2009

Gabriella Cilmi - Sweet About Me

Album: Lessons To Be Learned

This Australian singer doesn’t sound 17 years at all. Her vocal style is similar to Amy Winehouse, and this particular track definitely puts her on the same map as recent throw-back artists like Winehouse and Duffy. This track has been burning up the chart in her native country Australia and UK. There is still no US release date of her album, but Universal Republic has been pushing this track out on their monthly sampler.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I got the song just last week, good choice!