About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

January 12, 2009

Keyshia Cole - Playa Cardz Right /ft. 2Pac

Album: A Different Me

I saw Keyshia Cole perform live this past summer. She does have a great voice, and her songs aren’t bad, but when I compare her to Mary J. Blige, I feel like she doesn’t reach me enough. But Mary J. Blige is a legend herself already. Keyshia has her own reality show on BET, which I had never seen. I mostly like this song for 2Pac’s rap intro, but Keyshia showcases her voice well as well. This track was previously available on 2Pac’s album, “Pac’s Life” but has been rearranged to become Keyshia Cole’s single from the third album release.

1 comment:

Tako said...

I saw her at Springroove last year and she put on a great show there. She definitely has a great voice but I feel she's being overshadowed by 2pac on this track..