About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

June 12, 2009

Dave Matthews Band - Funny The Way It Is

Album: Big Whiskey And The GrooGrux King

I was never a huge fan of Dave Matthews Band even during their prime popularity days of mid 90s when “Crash Into Me” was a bit hit. Since then, they have released four album, which I hadn’t really listened to. Their latest effort, Whiskey and the GrooGrux King claimed the #1 album of the week with 424,000 sale, the third highest of the year thus far behind Eminem’s Relapse with 608,00 and U2’s No Line On the Horizon with 484,000. All of their albums since Crash has reached the #1 position. This album was produced by Rob Cavallo who was responsible for My Chemical Romance’s The Black Parade and Green Day’s American Idiot.

No comments: