About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

June 30, 2009

The Gossip - Heavy Cross

Album: Music For Men

"Heavy Cross" starts out like Stevie Nick's "Edge of Seventeen" and continues to rock out. Gossip hit big time with their previous effort, "Standing the way Way of Control" from 2006. For their latest album, Rick Rubin took the producer seat to bring their fourth album to life. The new album is filled with danceable rock songs. I'd love to hear this song played live as they are known for very energetic performance.

No comments: