About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

June 12, 2009

Katie Melua - If You Were A Sailboat

Album: Pictures

When I saw her album release, I thought she was just another teeny-bopper singing for WB network. Turns out that she’s currently Europe’s biggest selling female solo artist. Born in Georgia (not the State, but former Soviet), but raised in Ireland, and currently a British citizen, Melua is still only 24 years old, despite selling millions of records worldwide (mostly in Europe). She holds the World Guinness record for playing 303 meters below sea level (which she had to get extensive medical tests for), and has great sense of humor. She is currently trying to break in the US market, but considering that I haven’t really heard much about her, I don’t know how well that is going so far.

No comments: