About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

June 30, 2009

Black Eyed Peas - I Gotta Feeling

Album: The E.N.D. (The Energy Never Dies)

When "Boom Boom Pow" first came out, I was a little disappointed (mostly because of Vocoder effect, which EVERYONE is using). But after a few listens, I got used to it and even really liked it. Peas second single, "I Gotta Feeling" gives me the same feeling as I don't particularly enjoy the song so much. But it is the #2 song in the US, and #1 in Japan right now. It is produced by David Guetta, who's current single featuring Kelly Rowland is #1 song in the UK. With "Boom Boom Pow" still maintaining the #1 spot on Billboard chart, having #1 and #2 song in the US hasn't been done (with #1 album) since Outkast did it with "Hey Ya" and "The Way You Move."

No comments: