About This Site

Each month I select 20 songs (10 songs twice a month) that I am either hooked on or am curious about. Most of the music I select are rock, hip-hop, R&B and pop songs.

My song selection comes from 20-30 CDs I get from various sources each month, as well as recommendations from iTunes and Amazon. I also check out the charts in US, UK and Japan.

June 30, 2009

Eels - That Look You Give That Guy

Album: Hombre Lobo

Although Eels has been around for a long time, I still consider them to be a one-hit wonder for the hit, "Novocaine For The Soul" in the 90s. After numerous lineup changes, Eels released their seventh album. I hadn't really listened to any of their songs since "Novocaine" but I was quite blown away. I particularly fell in love with this poignant song, "That Look You Give That Guy" with lyrics like "That look you give that guy
I wanna see Looking right at me. If I could be that guy Instead of me. I'd give you all I got" (with John Lennon-ish music). Thanks to this song (and few other great track on the album) I no longer consider them to be one-hit wonder (at least in my heart).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I absotibly agree! what a great timeless song

Way said...

i haven't heard of eels before this, but this is a great song